E-Mail Address: (optional)
Region of United States that your school is located in:
How would you describe the community that you teach in:
What percent of your school's students are collegebound?
> 80% 60-80%
Who takes Earth Science in your school?
All students as a required course
All students as a required course,
except the "honors" level students
Only the "basic" or
"developmental" students as a required course
All students as an elective
1. How many computers are located within your classroom?
2. What type of computers do you have in your classroom?
Power-Mac PC with a 486 chip
with a pentium chip
3. Are these computers able to access the internet?
3a. If the answer to #3 is yes, then what type of connection do
4. On average, how many class days per month do your students
spend all or part of a period in class (more than 15 minutes) on the
5. If your students access the internet "live" during class, how
many (on average) work at each computer?
6. What type(s) of investigations have you conducted with your
students while using the internet?
7. What websites (url's) have you used that you found to be
8. What "support" programs do you use to facilitate viewing of
images acquired from the internet?
image-view L-view Enhance Photoshop
9. Do you download information from the Internet for later use in
10. If yes, what topics have you found can be taught most
successfully by using information downloaded from the internet?
11. Do your students use email to communicate with students from
12. If yes, what types of projects have they conducted with other
13. Please share your thoughts regarding how your teaching
situation has changed in the past two years.
14. In your opinion, how is your teaching situation likely to
change in the next two years?
If you wish to contact me, my email is